Metal Roofing Comes in Many Colors and Styles
Metal roofs are beloved by both commercial and residential properties, and it is easy to see why. Lasting 50 or more years, metal roofs come in a variety of materials like steel or corrugated, patterns like metal shingles or tile, and colors to be customized to your business or home. You can even get metal roof coatings to enhance or lower the metallic shine of these roofs. Slightly more expensive than shingles, they last twice as long with half of the maintenance requirements. Metal roofing is more affordable than premium durable roofs like tile and slate, making it more accessible. Here at Monumental Roofing Services, we offer metal roof installation and metal roofing repairs in San Antonio, TX, so call us at (830) 715-4095 to schedule an appointment.
Pros and Cons of Metal Roofing
- Metal roofs are highly reflective, meaning that the sun’s heat is not absorbed. This will cool your building and lower temperatures, which also lowers your energy bills.
- Metal roofs are installed in large seamless panels. These panels don’t allow any water to seep through, making them waterproof. Wind won’t lift the panels up like they would shingles, and hail doesn’t dent or crack metal like it does other roofing systems.
- Metal roofs are one of the only roofing systems that are fire and chemical proof, making them great for industrial buildings or homes in wildfire prone areas.
- Initial installation fees cost more since metal is made of more expensive material, but you save money over time by not having to constantly pay for repairs as it rarely gets damaged.
- While there are many advantages to metal roofs like durability, weather protection, and reflectivity, there are some downsides. One of them are that cell phone reception can be affected by metal roofs. You can fix this by getting cell booster installation in your home.
Few things can cause as much damage as roof leak in your home. That’s because they are often slow leaks that cause damage over time instead of the huge gush of water that most of us imagine when we think about a roof leak. Many times, in fact, the roof leak is completely undetectable until signs like water stains on ceilings, walls, and floors, warped drywall, and molded or rotted insulation begin to show up. When you begin to notice indicators of a roof leak, call the Monumental Roofing Services team to perform complete roof leak repair in San Antonio, TX fast.
Animals Like Squirrels Often Damage Roofing Material to Get Inside Your Attic Space, Leading to Water Leaks.
While there are many reasons that a roof leak can begin, knowing the most common problem areas can help you stay prepared and vigilant.
- Storm Damage: Hail, wind, snow, and ice can severely damage your roofing system, leaving holes and tears in your shingles, bald spots, and missing roof material, and dents, dings, and damages.
- Animal Infiltration: Animals can cause major damage to your roof when they are trying to find a way inside your home. They can also leave behind scratched, separated, and damaged material that lets in water.
- Lack of Maintenance: As with anything, when small roofing problems aren’t handled promptly, they become big problems. Keeping up with maintenance keeps your roof void of debris, dirt, and dust that cause damage and hold water.
Locating and Identifying Your Roof Leak
Locating a roof leak can be tricky since water runs to the lowest point. Water stains on the ceiling stem from a problem above that point on the roof. Unfortunately, the only way to find the leak without specialized equipment is to search for the leak on the roof. Water stains on your walls or around your baseboards could be stemming from a plumbing or attic-based water heater leak instead. It’s important to have a professional inspect your plumbing and water heater if you see water stains in these areas. Both roof and plumbing leaks are able to be detected by innovative tools that use heat-sensing technology to provide an accurate map of where the leak is located for more reliable roof leak repair. This saves time and labor, leading to saved cost for you.
Reliable Roof Leak Repair in San Antonio, TX
When you’re looking for reliable roof repair in San Antonio, TX, call the Monumental Roofing Services experts first. We provide comprehensive inspection and repair to ensure that your roofing system is fully repaired. We discuss your options with you and provide realistic solutions to ensure you always get the service you expect. Call the Monumental Roofing Services team today at (830) 715-4095 to schedule your roof leak repair in San Antonio, TX.
Few Materials Offer the Luxurious Curb Appeal of Metal Shingles!
There’s nothing wrong with wanting a little more pizzazz in your home’s styling. One of the best ways to start your home remodeling and development is with a gorgeous roofing system. When you’re tired of traditional, try one of these three fantastic shingle enhancements that balance sturdiness with curb appeal!
Shingle Upgrade #1: Architectural (Laminate)
This option is perfect for homeowners just starting out in the home renovation business. Architectural shingles appear very similar to typical asphalt shingles, but their special laminate installation process comes with two key benefits that you can profit from. First, their layered design adds a three dimensional effect on your roof, creating a sense of depth that looks fabulous from the street. Layering also enhances durability against extreme winds (up to 120 mph), making architectural shingles a great investment in climates with frequent storms.
Shingle Upgrade #2: Metals
For those homeowners looking for something a little more permanent, metal roofing offers outstanding lifetime value. Metal shingles provide 50-70 years of capable protection without any significant maintenance requirements, two benefits anyone should feel excited about! While the initial investment will be much higher than asphalt shingles, the enduring, beautiful protection provided by this premium material more than makes up for it.
Shingle Upgrade #3: Synthetics
Many premium roofing systems come with some pretty significant drawbacks. Natural slate for instance, is quite heavy and typically requires special roof supports. Wood shakes need consistent cleaning to curtail algae growth. Synthetic shingles, on the other hand, provide the stunning aesthetic appeal of these natural materials without inherent drawbacks. If you’ve ever yearned for the lovely appearance of cedar shingles, synthetics supply a very accessible way to enhance your home decor.
If you’d like to discover more details about these fantastic shingle enhancements, or if you’d like an estimate for your home, you’re welcome to talk with one of our courteous experts at (830) 715-4095!
Roof Repair Can Help You Extend The Life of Your Roofing System.
Your roof should protect you and your family from environmental factors that could harm you or your property. However, roof damage can sneak up on you and lead to expensive replacement or an emergency if not repaired quickly. How can you ensure your roof stays at its best? There are a few signs to look out for to ensure you get roof repair done on time and prevent costly damage and even replacement needs. If you look out for these issues, you can get the services needed to extend the life of your roof.
Things To Look Out For
- The Roofing Materials Look Damaged – Have you noticed bare areas on your roof? Have you found shingles in your yard? Storms can cause wear on your roofing materials allowing them to crack, curl, and even come off.
- You Have Leaks In Your Home – If the roof becomes damaged, it can allow water to leak into your home. This can lead to further damage to your roof, home’s structure, and even your property.
- There Is A Sag In Your Roof – Sagging in your roof means that the structure below your materials has been damaged. This can be visible with your rafters and attic and can allow water to seep in.
- The Energy Bill Is Rising – Your roof also helps with keeping your home energy efficient by keeping the outside weather from affecting it. If you notice a rise in your heating and cooling bill, it could be that your roof is damaged.
If you notice any of these signs, Monumental Roofing Services can repair your roof, getting it back to its best. We are your source for quality roofing services in San Antonio, TX. Give us a call today at (830) 715-4095 to get started on your roof repair.
Gutters are overlooked when thinking of roof protection and repairs, but they actually take a lot of damage as rain and debris hits them before falling off the roof. Here are some signs you need fascia and soffit repair:
While the soffit and fascia are there to provide an extra layer of protection for the gutters, if the gutters themselves are broken, they are just further damaging the wood barriers beneath it.
We Are Your Fascia and Soffit Repair Experts
Tons of moisture will eventually rot out even the strongest type of wood. Rotting wood is not only unsightly, it can lead to asbestos, mold, or mildew.
Cracks or Holes in the Soffit
Often made of wood or vinyl, this area beneath your gutters often attract insects, vermin, and birds as they build nests. They will burrow through the wood and end up inside your home, creating more problems.
Fascia can be seen from street level, and while not necessarily posing any immediate leak threats, peeling paint is unsightly. Waterproof paint or roof coatings can help keep your wood fascia lasting for as long as possible.
Fascia and soffit also are great ventilators to the attic and upper levels of the house. If your attic is extremely hot or stuffy, this is a good indication that your fascia and soffit need repairs or replacing.
For fascia and soffit repair in San Antonio, TX, contact Monumental Roofing Services at (830) 715-4095 today.